3/26/08

High Bidder: Me







Astronaut painting: Vintage portrait of the Apollo 11 astronauts upon their return. Seller claimed "prison art" but I think it made a good story as she was from Ossining, NY. This is my all-time favorite and best eBay win. Proxy bidding worked for me. I put in a bid almost ten times what I ended up paying. WWII Trench Art: Someone stuck four bars of GI issue soap together and carved this beautiful cave, brought it home, 60 years later it ended up on eBay and I had to get it. Kids chairs: Very similar to these, no one was bidding and I could pick them up — so why not bid? Dutch coat hooks and vintage fabric: vintage rack designed by Coen de Vries came from the Netherlands. I had been looking at his bigger wall units and found these. All steel, really nicely made. From the yardage of this sort-of cute kids fabric, my wife made some bloomers for our daughter. Kitchen set and molecular model: Vintage Community Playthings kitchen (sink, oven, fridge) in super condition. Solid maple and a bargain at twice the price. The model is a vintage Sargent and Co. molecular model.

A few more: here

6 comments:

  1. after seeing so many of your "didn't win" items, it's nice to see some you did win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great finds, congrats. The molecular model and the childrens chairs, I like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your stuff. Seriously, what do you search for to find these things? I swear I wont compete with you. (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm green with envy. Bursting with it, really! Those chairs?!!!! Can you stick the knife in a little further and say how much you scored those chairs and the Community Playthings kitchen set for?

    And I second anonymous, what the heck are your keywords for a search? Well done, I tip my hat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds. I had to elaborate on your molecule model here: http://helloheidibird.blogspot.com/ and hope you'll allow me to borrow your image. All the best!

    ReplyDelete