5/4/12

MCA Rock, Rock on —




























In 1994 while I was living above St. Marks Bookshop a pretty girl wandered into my building looking for a payphone and my roommate thought she was cute and trying so hard to be cool brought her up to our room to use our phone and after she made the call she said she thought it was funny and sweet that I had a poster of her boyfriend on the wall and she showed me polaroids of Adam Yauch asleep in hotel beds and with her and backstage with his bandmates and told me what he was like and that I should meet him next time they were in New York and I was 18 years old and it was a blur and she was blowing my mind.

9 comments:

  1. rip Adam... one degree of separation... great story RL/AB.... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every Beastie Boy fan girl I know loved Adam Yauch the most. Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sad.
    cool story tho.

    R.I.P. MCA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy your blog , its very good and impressive read please update me when u write new blog. M working as a m manager in Somerset Business Hotel Package

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this story. Around the same time, I was in high school and being a big fan, I sent him a book about Aliens that I thought he would think was really cool. A few weeks later when I had kind of forgotten all about it, I recieved a postcard of New York City and on the back it said "Greetings Earthling, love Adam". That blew my mind! What an awesome guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh and he drew a little alien on it too! I am going to dig it up for sure!

    ReplyDelete